WOTY: Listening for Your Word of the Year - Grades 7-9
Facilitator: Pam Temple
Time: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Open to: Grades 7-9
People often set resolutions for the new year that are soon forgotten. What if you opened up the possibilities by seeking and choosing a single word that could be your companion through your 2020 journey? During this Winter Break Circle for Grades 7-9, we will listen to ourselves, reflect on our experiences from 2019, and envision what unique Word of the Year will best support our individual journeys for the next 12 months.
Registration deadline is December 20th.
Each 2.5 hour session will include:
- age-appropriate contemporary poetry and prompts for inspiration
- individual writing time to check back in with your writer self
- shared conversation about topics that matter to young people
- a bit of crafting to access our creativity
- an invitation to share your writing during a circle readaround
- a welcoming community with peers who share your love of writing
- some dreaming and brainstorming about Summer 2020
- snacks and drinks
Our youth programs are open to girls and trans and gender nonconforming (TGNC) youth, unless noted as All Gender.
(Photo by Joni Gutierrez on Unsplash)
Location & Special Instructions
Women Writing for (a) Change
6906 Plainfield Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236