Conscious Feminine Leadership Academy 2019
Conscious Feminine Leadership Academy a program of Women Writing for (a) Change®
The Conscious Feminine Leadership Academy, CFLA, (formerly The Feminist Leadership Academy of Cincinnati) grew out of the realization that many aspects of the Women Writing for (a) Change model inspire and support women’s growth as leaders. The most important resource of this work is a community of women who embody emerging consciousness.
Aims of this program, originally designed by WWf(a)C Founder, Mary Pierce Brosmer include the desire to:
(1) expand and deepen leadership for the future of WWf(a)C
(2) support conscious feminine leaders within their current vocations
(3) create a structure for women in transition from one phase of life or vocation to another
(4) train women who wish to start WWf(a)C centers in other cities
(5) support those learning to integrate conscious feminine spaces and tools into diverse
workplaces. Graduates of CFLA have included nurses, clergy, physicians, therapists,
businesswomen, religious sisters, activists, teachers, social workers, artists, scientists,
lawyers, and entrepreneurs.
Participation in CFLA is an investment in transformational learning and renewal for those who hold space for others, whether in personal relationships or in the public sector. This intensive commitment to learning together represents an investment in one's own personal growth and an evolving understanding of leadership.
Who Should Apply:
- Women who want to wake up more fully to the conscious feminine, whether or not they have vocational aspirations for facilitating in the WWf(a)C community
- Women who want to incorporate WWf(a)C practices into social service, business, religious, or other settings
- Women who want to apply to teach in WWf(a)C core and/or specialty classes
- Women who want to create WWf(a)C affiliate centers in other cities
- Women who have participated in earlier C/FLA or YFLA (Young Feminist Leadership Academy) programs who want to incorporate emergent understandings, deepen their training, and renew their commitment
- Writing as a practice of individual reflection and communal connection
- Learning within a safe and confidential container
- Respect for the life experience and contributions of each learner
- A high level of preparation and careful, intentional facilitation by staff
- Intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical ways of learning
- Writing, reading, small and large group process, meditation, movement, conversation
Participants will gain:
- Immersion in a community of becoming-conscious, creative, spiritually-oriented women
- Learning within conscious feminine traditions
- Understanding of how feminine and masculine consciousness integrate in the 21st century
- Insight into the spirituality of education, creating creative learning communities
- Training in ways to build community through the use of writing and ritual
- Training in ways to use writing as a practice of healing and innovation
- Practical problem-solving skills for personal and professional development
Those seeking to create WWf(a)C Affiliate Centers and complete licensure will also gain:
- Legal right to use WWf(a)C Trademark (to be renewed after initial three years, then every five years)
- Presence on womenwriting.org as an affiliate site
- Access to curriculum and community-building materials
Staff of CFLA 2019:
Lead facilitators: Mary Pierce Brosmer, Founder of Women Writing for (a) Change
Diane Debevec, Executive Director of Women Writing for (a) Change Cincinnati
Participants will receive training gained from more than twenty-five years of Women Writing for (a) Change leadership and experience.
Topics will include:
- Herstory/History -- Integrating the feminine in an over-masculinized world, balancing the conscious masculine
- Leading from Within -- Energetic boundaries for healthy leadership
- Writing as Healing Practice -- individual and communal
- Awakening to the "Container(s)" -- Structural Lenses on power, presence and the creation of transformational learning environments
- Creative tools for managing group dynamics
- Business models, marketing, use of social media, etc. (In Session III)
Reading to include:
Women Writing for (a) Change: a Guide for Creative Transformation. Notre Dame University: Sorin Press, 2009, Mary Pierce Brosmer
New Self, New World: Recovering Our Sense in the Twenty-first Century. Berkeley, CA: North Atlantic Books, 2010, Philip Shephered
In addition, selected readings from:
Hope in the Dark: Untold Histories, Wild Possibilities (third edition) 2016, by Rebecca Solnit
The Tao of Leadership by John Heider
As well as Alice Walker, Marion Woodman, bell hooks, Helen Luke, Dominique Christiana, Jean Shinoda Bolen, Adrienne Rich, Margaret Wheatley, Vicki Noble, Audre Lorde, Parker Palmer, Angeles Arien, and others.
Sessions I and II $3800* (includes room, board, program fees and materials.
Books not included. Copies of articles will be provided.)
Session I: June 6-June 13, 2019 (Thursday-Thursday)
Session II: July 18-July 25, 2019 (Thursday-Thursday)
Conscious Feminine Leadership Academy 2019 is a residential
training program. We will build our community of practice for
Sessions I & II at St. Mary's, The Transfiguration Spirituality Center
in Glendale, OH.
*Scholarships may be available for Sessions I & II. Inquire
at WWf(a)C, Cincinnati.
Session III $2450** (Session III will be held at Bethanna, The Transfiguration
Spirituality Center. Room & board included in cost.)
Dates: August 25-30, 2019 (Sunday through Friday)
**Licensing week cost includes 3-year trademark licensing fee.
Additional key dates and information:
All participants will design and offer a practicum experience, intended to embody the learnings of CFLA. Practicums are to be completed by November 1st, with Practicum portfolios due November 8th. Participants will also complete a paper on a relevant topic of their choice, due September 27th. A Graduation Celebration will be held November 23rd, 2019.
After completing CFLA, "active certification" status is maintained by submitting an annual letter of "reflection and intention" about the ways in which the graduate is integrating conscious feminine practices and leadership into her life, and paying a $125 annual fee. Access to a shared resources website is provided.
What to do if you are interested in CFLA
1. Attend CFLA Discernment Gatherings!
These gatherings are designed to help determine whether CFLA is right for you and you for it.
*CFLA Discernment Gatherings have been held. However, if you're still interested in CFLA, please contact Diane Debevec, Executive Director, click here.
2. Complete Registration. To be considered for a place in the class of 2019, please send a packet including:
* Completed Application (Click here to download PDF)
* One or two page resume
* Deposit of $495. Deposit refunded only if application is not accepted.
Class size limited to 16. Applications will be considered in order received.
Application Period: January 2, 2019 to April 2, 2019
Application Notification: Ongoing as application materials are reviewed, but no later
than May 1, 2019.
Conscious Feminine Leadership Academy
Women Writing for (a) Change
6906 Plainfield Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45236
In mythological terms, the female element in each of us is at rest within the unfolding present -
receiving, integrating, and massively connecting and communicating with all that is.
Discernment Circles for CFLA 2019
Upcoming Discernment Circles for CFLA 2019, led by Mary Pierce Brosmer and Diane Debevec on:
*Discernment Circles have been held. However, if you are still interested in CFLA or have questions, contact: Diane Debevec, Executive Director Click here